11/12/13

Floating Shelves

Do you have trouble committing to hanging up artwork? I have collected artwork through the years, and it typically doesn't fit beautifully into a pre-existing space with a pre-established color scheme. I decided that the best solution for me would be to have my husband build floating shelves, so I could display artwork that doesn't have a home, and be able to rotate it at my discretion.






The fun apart about this setup, is that you can apply the layering effect. We have a couple of framed New York Times front pages (given to me by my grandmother on momentous occasions) that are conducive to having smaller pictures in front of them. 

I do not consider this space complete, but I thought I would share where it stands now. I would like to add something under the first shelve, such as an ottoman or baskets. What do you think?


I am sharing this post with Lizmarieblog. Be sure to check out her site it has amazing home decor, DIY and more posts!


 photo oneoakesig_zpsdd4d2ddc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment